2020 Chili Open charities
Each year the Rotary Club of Strongsville selects several deserving charities to receive funds raised by the Chili Open.
This year's selected charities are:
- Achievement Centers / Camp Cheerful
- Founded in 1940 by four Rotarians Camp Cheerful's mission is "To enable and empower children with disabilities and their families to grow, learn, play and prepare for lifelong achievement in society." The camp experience is far more than simply "recreational", it provides an educational, wellness and socialization outlet for campers with disabilities — one that is not often available to them.
- Adaptive Sports Program of Ohio
- The Adaptive Sports Program of Ohio (ASPO) is a nonprofit organization established to promote the health and wellness of individuals with physical disabilities. ASPO provide competitive and recreational adaptive sport opportunities throughout Ohio. ASPO offers ten sports programs in Ohio, and has partnered with the U.S. Olympic Committee to launch Paralympic Sport Ohio.
- Applewood Centers
- Applewood Centers is a leader in improving the lives of children in Ohio by providing high quality behavioral healthcare and out-of-home services for children and their families. Services offered include: counseling, psychological testing and assessment, psychiatry, foster care, residential services, and The Gerson School, offering alternative educational experiences for students who have not found success in a traditional school setting.
- Ben Curtis Family Foundation
- The Ben Curtis Family Foundation was founded by 2003 British Open Champion, Ben Curtis and his wife, Candace in 2013. The mission of The Ben Curtis Family Foundation is to help alleviate childhood hunger. Numerous studies have shown that when children go to school on a full stomach, they are better able to focus on what they are learning in the classroom.
- Leadership Mission International
- The mission of Leadership Mission International is to develop a new generation of ethical women leaders by providing exceptional academics, leadership and community development experiences. Their long-term vision is that the graduates of The Leadership Center will become ethical leaders influencing positive change throughout Honduras.
- Santa's Hideaway
- Santa's Hide-A-Way Hollow, described as "A Magical Place Tucked in Your Heart Where the Spirit of Christmas Lasts Forever", began as a dream, and was completed in 1992. What started out as a desire to help terminally ill children and their families, has resulted in a Christmas retreat from the reality of their illness, creating wonderful memories instead. The Mission of Santa's Hide-A-Way is to bring families together during a very difficult time in their lives. It provides a perfect setting for a visit with Santa Claus, no matter the date.
- Santa PICsU
- Santa PICsU brings the “Healing Power of Giving” to children and families in traumatic situations on a year-round basis. From providing the magic of Christmas to children in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Christmas meals for the staff, to refreshing the waiting areas and funding the purchase of 8 weigh cribs/beds, Santa PICsU has grown to provide year round support for kids in a traumatic situation.
- The Lantern
The Lantern's mission is to provide quality sober living to chemically
dependent men and to educate and assist people with recovery from
drug & alcohol addiction. We believe that drug and alcohol addictions
are progressive, chronic and potentially fatal diseases.
Although every resident shares the same disease when it comes to addiction, the Lantern recognizes that every individual has their particular focus area that needs to be addressed. Residents are treated with the utmost compassion and care rather than being regarded as just another number or statistic.